Comparative test for PROTECTA SYSTEM on Cherry
Rain, Drosophila Suzukii and other insects represent the main threats to the cherry cropping. PROTECTA® SYSTEM is the multi-protective screen for protection from rain, hail, sun and wind integrated with BIORETE® insect screens.
The innovative PROTECTA SYSTEM has undergone a comparative test in France on 5 hectares in total.
Here are the advantages compared to plastic film and open field:
- Reduces water flow up to 90%.
- Protection from insects: lower application of pesticides reduces the costs for safer food
- 5 in 1 protection: rain, insects, hail, wind and sun.
- The fruits grown under PROTECTA SYSTEM guaranteed a 20% increase in sales thanks to higher value fruits.
- Spots have been created on the fruit under plastic film due to the fall of hot condensate water from the film.
- Easy closing of the net, less labor. Its calculated that closing of plastic film and hail net requires 120 h more working hours.